What is Software Testing?
Software testing is the process of evaluating a program or computer system to determine if it meets the requirements and produces the desired results. You can identify and fix bugs in software products/projects.
Software testing is essential to ensure a high quality product.
To become a software tester, you must have the following skills
We will talk about the technical and non-technical requirements to become a software tester
These skills are necessary to be a successful Software quality tester. To determine if Software Testing is possible for you, compare your skills to the following checklist.
- Analytical skillsSoftware testers should possess sharp analytical skills. Analytical skills are essential to break down complex software systems into smaller units and create test cases. You may not be sure if your analytical skills are strong. Refer to this link. If you can solve at most one problem, you will have exceptional analytical skills.
- Communication skillSoftware testers must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Test artifacts such as test plans, test strategies, bug reports and test cases are all examples of testing artifacts. Software testers should be able to easily read and understand the documents they create. It will take diplomacy and a touch of discretion to deal with developers in the event of bugs, or other issues.
- Time Management and Organization SkillsSometimes testing can be difficult, especially when code is being released. Software testers must be able to manage their workload and have excellent time management skills.
- GREAT Attitude:You must have a great attitude to be a software tester. A willingness to "test to break", detail orientation, willingness and ability to learn, as well as a willingness to suggest improvements to the process. Technology changes at an alarming rate in the software industry. Software testers should keep up to date with new technologies. You must have a sense of independence and take responsibility for the tasks you are assigned.
- PassionA passion for a job or profession is essential to excel in it. Software testers must be passionate about their field. But how can you tell if you are passionate about software testing if it is something you have not done before? Simply try it and if you are not interested in software testing, switch to something else.
Software Testing Course in Pune
- Basic knowledge of SQL/ Database:Software Systems store a lot of data in the background. These data are stored in various databases such as MySQL and Oracle. The backend. There will be times when the data must be validated. Simple/complex SQL queries are useful in checking if the correct data is being stored in backend databases.
- Basic knowledge of Linux commandsTesters should be familiar with Linux Commands as most software applications, such as Web-Services, Databases and Application Servers, are deployed on Linux machines.
- Experience and knowledge of Test Management Tools:TestSoftware testing is only possible with proper management. Software testing will fail if there is no proper management. Management of your testing-related artifacts is what test management is.
- You can also use other tools for Test Management. It is essential to be familiar with and have worked experience with these tools as they are often used in many companies.
- Experience and knowledge of all Defect Tracking tools-Software testing is based on two key elements: defect tracking and defect life cycle. It is crucial to properly manage defects and keep them track in a systematic way. Because the whole team needs to know the details of the defect, including testers, developers, managers, and developers, defect tracking is essential. There are many tools available to log defects, including Jira, Bugzilla and QC.
- Experience and knowledge of the Automation toolAfter a few years of manual testing, you can see yourself as an automation tester. You will need to master a tool and have a deep understanding of automation tools.
- NotificationYou don't need to be an expert in every Automation tool to pass the interview. To master the tool, practice it.
Performance testing tools are also an option. Applications must be tested for their performance, which is part of non-functional testing.
Software testers should have a background in Computer Science.
You will quickly land a job with a BTech/ B.E. or MCA, BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications), BSc - Computers.
You do not need to hold one of these degrees. Instead, you will need to complete a software testing certification such as ISTQB or CSTE. This will allow you to learn about Software Development/ Test Life Cycles and other testing methods.
Software Testing Classes in Pune
Software testers are paid differently depending on the company. The average salary range for software testers in the US is between $45,993 and $74,935. The average Software Testing career package in India ranges from Rs 247,315 to Rs 449,111.
Software testers also get health insurance, bonuses and gratuity.
What Does a Software Tester do?
You will spend your day understanding requirements, creating test cases and executing them.
Software Tester Career Path
The following are some examples of how your Software Testing career will develop as a software tester (QA analyst) in a typical CMMI Level 5 company. However, this will vary from one company to the next
- QA Analyst (Fresher).
- Sr.QA Analyst (2-3 Years' Experience)
- Coordinator for the Quality Assurance Team (5-6 years of experience)
- Test Manager (8-11 Years of experience)
- Senior Test Manager (14+ experience)
Alternate Career Tracks as a Software Tester
After you've mastered manual testing, you can choose to specialize in the following areas:
- Automation Testing Automation Test Engineer - You will automate manual test cases that could otherwise be tedious. Tools used IBM Rational Robot and Silk Performer.
- PerformanceYou will be responsible for ensuring application responsiveness by checking load time, load limit, etc. Tools used WEB Load and LoadRunner.
- Business Analyst: Testers have a greater business understanding than developers. A Business Analyst is a natural progression in Testing. You will be responsible to analyze and evaluate your company's business model, and its workflows. These models and workflows will be integrated with technology by a Business Analyst.
Software testers, also known as QA professionals, are paid and treated the same way as Software developers in all companies. Software Testing is not a career that should be considered "second-rate."
Software Testing can be a "test" of your nerves. You need to understand Business Requirements in order to create test cases. Software testing isn't boring. Boring is just repeating the same tasks over and over again. Try new things. Have you ever met a software developer who has more than three years of experience? He'll tell you how dull his job has been.
Software Testing Training in Pune
How to Become Software Tester
Here's our suggestion for learning Software Testing as a beginner
Start by learning the basics of software testing. Once you have completed this course, you can apply for freelancing positions. This will allow you to apply your knowledge and strengthen the concepts of testing you have studied.
Next you will move on to Selenium Automation Tool, JMeter Performance Testing Tool, and finally Test Link Test Management Tools. While you're learning, we recommend that you apply for freelancing jobs. In addition to the other benefits, you will also make some money! You can find out more at
After you have completed all the tools, you might consider a certification. We recommend ISTQB. This is an optional option.
The foundation level of ISTQB Foundation certification is in the Testing field.
Although it is not required, it can help you increase your chances of being hired. This is a common criterion in most companies.
Software testers who have passed ISTQB will receive more priority than others.
When you apply for permanent positions in large corporations, you will be able to demonstrate your software tester skills as well as freelancing experience. This will help you increase your chances of getting selected.
You may also be eligible to become certified in the Testing tool of your choosing.
Learn Software Testing from the professionals of Sevenmentor